Level 2 Diploma in Food Preparation and Culinary Arts
We extend our training to develop the full range of skills qualities needed to be a modern chef from core cooking skills, management to leadership skills, and beyond.
Cater to your career with the perfect blend of entrepreneurial learning and culinary skills delivered over 1 year including 6 months internship with leading companies.
With over 600 hours of kitchen experience this unique course oﬀers successful students the opportunity to become a top chef in Azerbaijan or overseas.
- Understand the hospitality industry
- Understand business success
- Provide guest service
- Awareness of sustainability in the hospitality industry
- Professional workplace standards
- Understand own role in self-development
- Food safety & Hygiene & HACCP
- Meet guest requirements through menu planning
- Mise en place
- Cooking methods, techniques and commodities: boiling, poaching and steaming
- Cooking methods, techniques and commodities: stewing and braising
- Cooking methods, techniques and commodities: baking, roasting and grilling
- Cooking methods, techniques and commodities: deep and shallow frying
- Understand food commodities
- Cuisines of the world
- National cuisine
- Qualification handbook
- Training material
- Chefs Uniform Kit – Jacket, pants, apron, cap
- Students Knife Set kit (Cookery)
- Graduation clothes
Upon successful completion of the program, one will be awarded the following:
- CÀSÀ and Internationally recognized City& Guilds, London , (IVQ) – Level 2 Diploma in Food Preparation and Culinary Arts – Cookery
- City& Guilds – World Chef certified commis badge
- Certificate of Food safety management system, Bureau Veritas
- Kitchen professional equipment, Bakinox, AZ
- Kitchen care & Chemical safely usage training, Diversey, USA
- Level 2 Diploma in Food Preparation and Culinary Arts - Cookery
- Level 2 Diploma in Food and Beverage and Service
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Culinary Arts and Supervision
Length of course
- 6 months theory at the school (20 hours each week )
- 6 months Industry internship / Work experience (25 hours each week )
Class delivery:The classes run 4 hours per day, 5 days per week, Monday to Friday
Program fee: 10500 AZN (VAT included)
Installment Plan Availability:
1st payment (prior to education): 50 %
2nd payment (after 3 months): 30%
3rd payment (after 6 months): 20%
Students who will graduate from our school will be able to gain not only theoretical and practical experience at the school, but will also have the opportunities to gain experience in famous luxury restaurants and hotels.
The IWEP follows the over 600 hours industry centred training and provides student chefs with valuable hands-on exposure in the industry-work environment by way of a paid work experience and paves the way for further career opportunities.
CÀSÀ Career support & Internship centre helps the student to secure an Internship or Supervised Full time paid work experience placement program at the Commis Chef (levels 1,2,3) in Azerbaijan or Abroad.
After completion of internship program student will be provided with Industry Internship Certificate and Recommendation letter.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Intermediate level in English – Ability to Read, Write & Speak English well.
Age – 16 and above
Medical examination certificate
Documents Required for Admission
- Duly filled and signed application form.
- Colored copy of ID/ Passport
- 3*4 colored passport size photo with white background.
- Colored copy of visa (for international students only)
At CÀSÀ Culinary Arts School our mission is to launch the careers for the future stars of the culinary world. Students will study classical, modern, international, and National cuisine in Azerbaijan under the guidance of international chefs.
Becoming a top chef takes ambition, dedication, passion and skill. The world, and especially Azerbaijan, is experiencing a culinary renaissance, and employers are demanding qualified, skilled and creative chefs. Despite this demand, there is currently a huge skills shortage within the industry for qualified chefs.
At CÀSÀ we extend our trainings to develop the full range of skills qualities needed to be a modern chef from core cooking skills, management to leadership skills, and beyond.
2. Who is program for?Diploma programs are for candidates who wish to work in the hospitality industry and already have knowledge of the basic principles of kitchen work, or who can demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm to work and study in order to supplement their existing knowledge and for Aspiring chefs with a passion for cooking and service, a motivation to excel, and dreams of a global caree
3. Is this program internationally recognized?
CÀSÀ is an internationally certiﬁed center providing education & skills development and delivers programs of personal & professional learning, certiﬁcation and assessment accredited by the internationally
For more information please visit the page Accreditations
4. Is there diploma or certifications offered upon completion of program?Yes, after successful completion of program you will be awarder with:
- Internationally recognized City & Guilds & CÀSÀ IVQ Level 2 Diploma
- Certificate of Kitchen & Bar professional equipment, Bakinox, AZ
- Food Safety & Hygiene – HACCP certificate, Bureau Veritas, UK
- Kitchen care & Chemical safely usage training certificate, Diversey
5. What is the minimum class attendance?International and local students must have a 90% attendance in both the classroom and apprenticeship site
6. Is there a visa and accommodation provided for internationally students?
Visa: CÀSÀ provide the support to student in obtaining of Azerbaijan student residence visa.
Student who don’t have Azerbaijan resident visas are required to apply for student visas, which are processed by CÀSÀ in Baku. The visa has a validity of one year and is cancelled when the student finishes the programs at CÀSÀ.
Accommodations: Fully furnished, serviced & air conditioned hostel accommodation facilities with bathroom on a sharing or single room basis.
7. Can I apply for this program if I have a difficulty with languages?
Yes, CÀSÀ provide a language assistance when is required and offering academic support and counselling service
8. Available payment methods and terms?
All fees must be paid in AZN / USD by cash, Credit/ debit card to CÀSÀ account
Full course package offer fees to be paid before 5 working days of the commencement of Course program or by way of confirmed agreements & Cheques, where the course being paid by instalments.
If a student wants to register to a course more than 2 weeks before the start, he must pay a deposit amount of 20% of the course fee
All payments must be made only to the CÀSÀ center account and CÀSÀ will not responsible for any money paid to any representatives or individuals not official authorized by CÀSÀ.
9. Can I make a payment in instalment?
10. Cancellation and refunds.
- In case of cancellation or postponement of the course for any reason by the CÀSÀ, the center undertakes to refund the entire amount paid by the student, including bank or commission fees within 4 weeks from the date of notice of course cancellation.
- If the student chooses to cancel this agreement before completion of the course, the student remain liable to pay for the full course fees and the costs incurred by CÀSÀ in recovering any outstanding monies, including debt collection agency fees , commissions and legal costs, if applicable
- If the student cancel the course less than 28 days prior commencement the deposit fee is non-refundable.
We invite you to learn more about what we have to offer students who choose to enrol with the CÀSÀ Culinary Arts Center.
Please take a look at the information on our website page, as well you can plan your visit to our school, to get to know more about the CÀSÀ Culinary Arts Center.